Study In Canada Without A Study Permit – Apply Now

To study in Canada at any level, a foreign national must apply for and receive a Canadian study permit. In some cases, however, a foreign student may be exempt from this requirement.

Studying for a Few Months in Canada: A study permit is not required for anyone pursuing a six-month or less program of study. Courses can be attended part-time or full-time and can cover any subject. To be deemed exempt from the necessity for a study permit, the course of study must be completed within the six-month timeframe. A visa extension will not be granted for the sole purpose of finishing a short-term program.

Foreign citizens who want to enroll in a Canadian educational program but don’t have a study permit must apply from outside the country. An exemption may be given if the course is short-term in nature and may be completed within the original duration of stay indicated upon their admission to Canada.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada recommends that foreign nationals apply for a study visa for a term of six months or less if they want to work on campus or continue their studies in Canada after finishing the original program.

Minor Children in Canada
Any minor child residing in Canada may attend pre-school, primary, or secondary school without obtaining a study permit. Temporary students and employees’ children, as well as Canadian citizens and permanent residents, are affected.

This clause does not apply to the children of temporary residents who are not permitted to work or study in Canada (i.e. visitors).

Members of diplomats’ families and private staff
Family members and members of the private staff of foreign diplomats and foreign accredited representatives do not need authorization to study in Canada. For the purposes of this exception, a family member is defined as follows:

A dependent child of a dependent child; a spouse or common-law partner’s dependent child; or a dependent child of a dependent child.

Leave a Comment